Friday 28 March 2014

Northwind Owl

I've been working exclusively on Northwind Owl, gunning for a happy dance. It hasn't happened yet and I seem to not make much progress. The couching is really time consuming, and I keep forgetting that I have yet to finish the stitching! My fault though, for racing ahead. I just want a finish, damnit!

Hopefully I have this done and dusted before I leave for New Zealand. I think I'll stitch a few smalls after this, give me some reprieve from this big projects. :)

10 comments:

  1. The couching took me such a long time and I'll admit that I got a bit impatient with it towards the end, but it's so worth it! The design has so much depth to it once it's done. Your work looks so neat as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the couching it taking me waaaaay longer that I thought it would! Thank you. :) I'm so looking forward to finishing this project, fingers crossed that's tonight.

      Delete
  2. I love the beautiful muted blues and greys in this piece.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So do I, they're some of my favourite colours to stitch. :)

      Delete
  3. Beautiful piece. You've made great progress, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi great to meet you. Beautiful work on this chart. It's truly stunning. I adore owls they are such a majestic bird. xo Alicia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it's nice to meet you too. I'm a big owl fan myself!

      Delete